Thank God for a great weekend =D

He came down on Thursday evening to spend the weekends with me. Met up to eat Gray's Papaya hotdogs.. It wasn't so bad just that it was a little too salty for me. But poor him for being surprised at the price raise despite the worsened economy.


Hanged around the neighborhood on Friday only to have our moods dampened because of the rain (and guess what, it literally rained the whole day). Headed down to K-town for some bbq food at Shillah. It was actually pretty good. Juicy and well-marinated. What's better is, they gave us the korean version of Yakult!! Hur hur.. i miss this drink so much........ Went to watch "The Hangover" later, but headed into the theatre earlier to sneak into a another theatre to catch "Night at the Museum 2". Verdict for both movies? Hilarious. Especially "The Hangover" it's hilarious to the max!! As with Night at the Museum, I'd probably preferred the 1st one instead. The 2nd one seems too dramatic and unreal..... But I'm glad I had a great laugh.. Haha.. Bradley Cooper is darn HOOTTT!!!!

Attended Shirin's Baby showers.. and Oh my!! The restaurant was amazing.. I was speechless.. but turnout?? 34 ladies... Wow! wow.... Should I say I'm shock as in was this necessary? Or should I say I'm astounded that she deserved a big crowd, when she barely knew most of them?? Hmm.. Food was pretty alright. Appetizer just wasn't to my appetite (it's an organic restaurant.....) main course was good, except I wished I ordered the trout instead (but only to gag on the bones when I was given a small piece to try -_-"' Nice one Valerie...) and dessert, pretty small portion but I have to say it's pretty amazing.. I've always disliked Bananas, especially with chocolate, but they made it well somehow.. But had a teeth shock from the ice cream... Oh did I mention the name of the restaurant?? It's called "Rouge Tomate" on 60th and 5th Ave. Huge and stunning I have to say. But maybe not as stunning as a banquet place??

This was definitely a good culture experience for me.. Instead of baby's 1st month celebration, americans prefered to celebrate before the baby's born.. A great welcoming celebration I guess? But then again, the topics that surrounded my area (including another mother sitting with us) it was literally about preparing for the newborn's arrival, attending classes, who's the nurse and doctor, and how they'll bring the baby into this world.. Wow.. what a discussion between 2 mothers and many other non-married singles around them.. I was just appalled later...

Headed home to change to accompany him to his grandfather's birthday celebration in New Jersey.. I like houses in NJ. Beautiful and with such great view of the river! But as I wasn't used to sitting at bus front and the constant curvy routes, I can't help feeling dizzy and nauseated.. Too much.. I couldn't wait to get out of the bus soon.. Of course, needless to say, Kudos to him for being able to pick up a converstion with another passenger for that 40 minutes journey..

Finally we've reached, only that we had to walk for another 10-15 minutes up and down the hill to the house.. "So near yet so far" definitely fit the walking journey.. And poor him for going through the 'torture' but he did well afterall. Haha.. My feelings after meeting his relatives? Fun and Lovely. They are probably the classic example "United and Loving" group of family, despite most of them lived in different cities and states. Except that I didn't understand a word of korean, so thanks to him and his mum for helping to translate.. I had to join the grandchildren to sing 2 songs for his grandfather. I didn't felt reluctant to do it, although I did feel weird since I wasn't part of them. But I guess not being able to grow up with the slightest presence of a grandparent at birth and the long-lost feel of unity between relatives, it felt pretty heartwarming for me.

I felt really bad that his dad insisted on driving me home (I like how he said "It's on the way" when it really wasn't), knowing that they'll only reach home close to midnight. But the journey back with his parents was fun too. His mum's sense of humor for "Full moon, full stomach" was really hilarious and unforgettable. Haha. Kinda reminded me of mum when she said some funny things out of nowhere and created a bomb of laughter flew around.

And there I am, back at home, trying to revive from all the exciting moments for the day as well as his presence. I really had a fun-filled weekend.. Despite the constant bad news breaking from Phillly and the anxiety that built up over the past few days... Nice memories to last me until next time =p

Sunday, June 07, 2009 ; 11:46 PM


Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments