Tick Tock.. Time's up..
Writing essays, hopefully to secure an internship, can never be more nerve-wrecking, especially when you have to write a thousand word essay. What's also nerve-wrecking: there's just this many companies I can apply to, all because I haven't fulfilled my pre-requisites to qualify for academic credit exchanges.........
And after some careful academic planning for the next 2 semesters, I realized I'm short of 4 more credits, which leaves me with at least 2 more classes to take during the Summer on top of the 2 that I'm planning. Either way, I will have to pay more during Summer and the next 2 semesters while overloading them... Seriously, someone was right that schools here really aren't that friendly or helpful towards their students, and as everyone knows, that schools are usually the money-eating, or probably the biggest profit organizations in the World, even the citizens are not spared.
Having lived here for almost half a year now, I realized that there are many sacrifices to be made, whether you're living with a roommate or not. But yet sometimes, I really hope that people can be more considerate enough to think for the person you're living with. Indeed, if you need peace and silence to do your things, there's always the school library, TECH centre, even the common lounges. But thinking back, one paid so much to live here, don't they have any rights and privacy to their peace and silence too?? Especially after midnight when one is really tired, does that person literally have to get out of her bed and sleep somewhere else?? But ultimately, that person had to make sacrifices and live with it, thereafter, making his/her own life so miserable that there's no one to depend on...
In a dilemma right now... Some of you may know I wanted to go elsewhere but it wasn't successful.. Now that applications are up again, I don't know if I should re-apply for it. I'm already in Junior year, with possible another year (hopefully) to graduate.. But my heart just can't seem to stay put at present but somewhere else. There's so much going on in my head. Financial abilities, studies ability, reputation and standards and bla bla bla.....
Oh God, Please guide me through this journey.. Things are starting to turn a little down and I feel myself sinking back to square one when I first came here. Everything has been a question mark, everything has been a roller coaster ride where my heart can't seem to handle anymore... I pray for guidance and for the light to shine ahead of me once again.. Amen
Friday, January 30, 2009 ; 6:48 PM
Comments:
Post a Comment