CNY?? Oh well
It's CNY next Monday and I have classes, because apparently the school doesn't acknowledge any holidays, even the National holidays, well other than Thanksgiving...
What I miss most about CNY, is not the money-filled red packets but rather the time where everyone at home prepares for celebration and the reunion time spent at the dining table, blabbering all sorts of topics, history and bla bla bla.. I miss helping mum to decorate the house with red ornaments, at times shiny.. I miss helping mum with set the dining table with tons of vegetables and meat, for the steamboat, curry, chicken and duck! I miss listening Dad talk about his childhood and his life. I miss mum teasing him, I miss brother having to finish up all the food for all of use, and I miss the laughter that we all had at the dining table. And all the time, all these years, I wished Sis was there with us to enjoy the moment. But we know that her heart's always there with us
But this year, there won't be any presence of the daughters at home. The family got smaller 10 years ago, and it got smaller again 10 years later. The thought of it feels painful and sad, despite the joyous season of the Chinese culture. But I guess there's some phase in our life that we have to make do with some changes.
Then again, it doesn't feel like CNY to me, mainly because there aren't any celebrations or decorations up at Chinatown yet, there aren't any hissies between the asians about the celebrations....
Lastly, I need to find some time to scrapblog my Paris photos........
Friday, January 23, 2009 ; 9:23 PM
Comments:
Post a Comment