2009 = bad year??

Finally came back from Paris and as Sis described, it was very adventurous. I'm not talking about danger but adventure from losing valuables along this trip.. Firstly, I started out the Year 2009 on a pretty bad note including on my birthday...

1) Lost my camera on 1st Jan
2) Fell sick on 1st Jan
3) Knocked by a bicyclist at Amsterdam on 8th Jan
4) Luggage was lost on 8th Jan

Seriously, how bad can the year get?? I hope this 'luck' doesn't get into my studies or else I'm really going to screw someone or something for sure. I'm just feeling miserable and desperate somehow.. But yet I'm too overwhelmed with too many mixed feelings that I can't seem to react to anything..

I know I've lost at least $200 or more worth of clothes I've not even worn before and I've only just bought them. Why did I even bring them knowing that I won't even wear it for the trip!! There's my sis' impt documents for her business (and I mean really really impt!) and tons of souvenirs worth hundreds of dollars.. What's shitty is, the baggage was traveling with Air France when we flew KLM all the while!! What an irony!! And apparently Air France didn't have any information and despite calling the customer service of NWA and Swissport, every staff gave different information and what's even worse, we can only claim up to $150 when the whole luggage is worth at least a thousand bucks!!

I really hate Air France somehow. It's not the first time I've encountered such s**t from them. Was supposed to head to Paris 2 years ago and just because we were late for 5 mins for check-in time, they insisted that we pay a thousand dollars more just to get in and sarcasm starts to set in from the staff that other passengers are paying for it.. Hello!! those were business class passengers who probably traveled for business trips and their company are paying for it!! I'm never ever going to fly Air France!!

It's such an irony that we have 2 checked-in bags and only 1 made it through. The smaller one made it through.. Are the staff that blind to not see the big luggage or are they dishonest in their answers and actions?? None of them could provide an answer at all as to where my luggage really am right now.. This is too disappointing for a well reputable airline...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nonetheless, received several birthday greetings from many people and I just wanna say thanks to all so much. And of course thanks to my darling for surprising me with my favourite author -- Cecelia Ahern with "The Gift" and "Thanks for the Memories". Was reading about these 2 books at Virgin Books section in Paris and suddenly felt determined to get those books (together with some others too) when I returned here since it's much cheaper, but Darling read my mind!! The card was wonderful too. I was surprised to be wowed with the music when I opened it, and best of all, it has Belle from Beauty and the Beast on it!!! Haha.. That really really made my day. Can't wait to finish my current book and read those..

But thanks everyone for the wishes and not to worry anyone, I still had some fun in Paris. Was wowed with what they could offer with gothic and medieval architectures and some amazing views of the city.

Will upload the photos of the trip probably sometime next week when my emotions have sort of calmed down.. My mind is just filled with tons of questions for the Big Daddy, and waiting anxiously for some answers and miracles... Please don't disappoint me..

Here's wishing everyone a Happy New Year!!

Sunday, January 11, 2009 ; 12:10 PM


Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments