Praise Him!

Albeit all the hoo-haas over some people's packages and work concussions, I still have to praise and thank God for the more impt things that I've been wanting/hoping to have..

1) Since I'll be leaving after the NDP, and I've not attended any since it started at Marina Square, I'm was really hoping to get a chance to see it before I leave, but the balloting wasn't successful. But I received an sms on Friday from someone (I always felt he's a nice fellow and he still is) that he has 2 preview tickets for me.. wahahahahahahhahahahahhhaha.. I was literally head over heels over the sms. I just couldn't resist the temptation to just burst out my happiness, instead, I knocked my elbow against the desk plank, but seriously it doesn't hurt at all coz I'm just too high.. haha..

Was definitely surprised to hear that from him, not once but a couple of times with some really random statements but haha, always make my day though i still feel odd that the smses always sounds like either one of us is leaving literally =x

2) Sis called Temple Housing and was furious when they said only 3 transfer students are assigned housing this year due to lack of housing and increasing freshman applicants.. but when given my ID, I'm actually one of the three!!! Woohoo!!! And though it's my 2nd choice of housing, but somehow I wanted this place and I got it!! Wahahahahahahahah... A community housing with professors and so forth, but I really don't care becuase I like the facilities and the layout more.. haha..

3) Brother is heading off with me too!! Have been turning round and round with his Reservist and his work, and finally he's flying off with me. Not same flight and time, but about 6 hours apart so I suppose I won't really be heading inside alone?? Or I still have to?? Oh I don't care.. I just know I have a 'companion' in the air!! Haha

Of course there are more things to thank God for but too many uncountable onces.. I was feeling upset over darling's departure and soon-to-be-my-turn departure, but God has been great to comfort my thoughts by allowing me to chat with some people I never really thought I will keep in touch with since we never really did communicate with each other.We knew each other's existence but never had the chance to know each other further. But now, it seems like things are going a little bit further and my circle of friends have expanded as well.

Thinking back of how we all knew each other was of course the most heartwarming yet upsetting.. Heartwarming because we were once so united for a common goal, we shared happiness, anger and woes but we still stayed strong. The bond probably didnt last that long after the whole thing but it was probably the best bond I've felt in my 3 years of poly life. I'm really really starting to miss camps and gatherings. All the updates and the nonsense we will always throw in a conversation, all the laughter and teasing we pour upon each other's head.. Hah.. these are all starting to slowly run through in my mind and I'm so bringing them over with me to States.

Still want to say: I Love God, I love my family, I love my friends and I love everyone around me!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update on yesterday: It was Elaine's wedding dinner and it's my 1st time attending a dinner alone since it's always with my parents. But Elaine was my colleague so it's weird if I get my family along?? Haha

I can't believe I took an hour just to put on makeup and the dress was kinda giving me some problems throughout the whole night... And I'm so not taking public transport in that dress.. Everyone's looking at me like I'm some kind of weirdo.... It was such a basic makeup but I've not put any makeup for about a year plus?? and I suddenly lost my sense of coloring.. Haha..

But of course the ambience was really by far the better ones I've come across. What's a bonus?? The fireworks at Marina. Oh forgot to mention that the dinner was at Mandarin Oriental. Or course, with the bonus, comes a negative point.. Dinner only starts to be served at 9pm... This is the latest wedding dinner I had.. But of course the layout though small, but a very nice ambience and deco. Elaine was so beautiful!!! So princess!! Haha.. Was telling my colleague that I want a Beauty and the Beast theme, so I need a stuntman as Beast -_- oh well, we'll see haha!

Upon watching Elaine and her husband walked down the hall aisle, I suddenly can't stop wondering when will my turn be, how will it be like, who will be that wonderful guy I'm walking down with, and what the taste of happiness and bliss be like and bla bla bla.. Haha.. That I was being called crazy girl by Eunice.. Bleah!;p

But as of now, I'll live and enjoy my freedom life as a single with no commitments and no questions to ponder about my future with the man and bla bla bla.. I still like my single life albeit I have more attached or engaged friends surrounding me.. There's the envy but no pressure.. Haha..

Sunday, July 20, 2008 ; 3:48 AM


Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments