God Almighty
something i found really worth thinking after watching Evan Almighty:
When you pray for courage, does God give you courage, or does God give you the opportunity to be courageous?
When you pray for family to be close, does God bring you and your family closer to each other, or does God give you the opportunity to bring your family closer?
We pray for wisdom, strength and many other things, but do we stop to grab the opportunity he has given us to grab what we prayed for? Or do we wait for him to grant us what we prayed for?
Have read some of my friends' blog and sympathize with what they are going thru. But i really have no idea how to advice anymore because i have already done so and I'm just going to repeat it. If i know that repeating it doesn't help, i shouldn't say it. But is it really a good idea to say something else to distract the attention? Does that show that I'm not concerned at all? I've already long being numbed to the word relationship between boy and girl. Not because I'm not in it, but i'm scared to be in it which is why I'm not looking out. But of course i'll be scared to be left on the shelf, but if this is abetter way for me at the moment to enjoy my life as it is, to appreciate what i have around me, i guess that's enough.
I've seen friends who have fallen down and finding it too hard to climb up. I have once been thru it and I really found it silly, but its part and parcel of life. But i'm really not keen to go thru it again.
For now, i'm making use of every chance and opportunity to enjoy my life with my family and my besties. I want to treasure every moment because in a year's time, everyone will part and head on with their own lives. But i am sure that the wonderful memories will always stay in our heart and minds. Is this enough? I guess maybe not. I would still want to continue to meet them, and hopefully our children could also be best friends with each other too. am i thinking too far?? maybe but it doesn't hurt right??
Friday, September 14, 2007 ; 4:10 AM
Comments:
Post a Comment