A few things...
Hmm, havent update this blog for half a month.. hehe.. have a few things to blog..
firstly, i've got a job interview tomorrow.. though the company is under Bain and Mercer, it doesn't seem to describe much other than they are publishing a new magazine.. All the best to me!! I really need a job!!!
Secondly, have been doing pilates the past few days.. and oh my gosh!!! i never thought i could reach all the way!!! PILATES IS REALLY EFFECTIVE!!.. have begun to feel that some inches may have been lost but there's still a long way to go.. what I'm learning now are still the basics.. like the dvd title says "Simply Pilates" haha.. hmm, i still have my yoga manual as well.. will try it out tomorrow.. hehe..
next, i've finally finished reading 2 books alternately: Japanese Women Don't Get Old Or Fat & Culture Shock! Japan. Haha, then again, some of you may say I'm really going crazy over japanese stuff.. and indeed I am, truth be told. Japanese culture is way too rich.. when i read this 2 books, be it related or not, I am definitely amazed by what Japan has to offer (and that includes some of the photos I've seen on Japan Bike and Hike).
Ladies and Gentlemen, if you are really worried about putting on the pounds, remember these 7 important pillars: Fish, Vegetables, Rice, Soy, Noodles, Tea and Fruits. Well, I guess everyone pretty much knows all about this, but really, by consuming these 7 pillars regularly, you'll be amazed at the results in the long run. Although I'm not really following it, but my alternatives right now are fish, brown rice, soymilk, green tea/water.. of course, i still do take in the tasty fried stuff occasionally but not as much as previously.. not to mention that I do like what I'm eating.. as Naomi Moriyama (author of Japanese Women...) says "Take special time to admire the beauty of your food and its presentation.
As for Culture Shock!, I am definitely surprised at some of the dialogues, especially the part where Japan is known to be the most stressful country to work in.. what is it, I shan't say too much but all I know is that Japanese people are probably famous for staying til the late wee hours of the night before they are ready to head off from home (but whether they are really doing their work or not, this we don't know *hint hint*)
Needless to say, for those who know me well, I do have some books that are read halfway. Eg: Women of the Pleasure Quarters (talks about the lives of geisha in the past and probably the present). I remember I read this book on my trip back from USA last dec, and I pretty much surprised the Japanese passenger sitting beside me.. I remember he said, "GEISHA BUUKU?!" haha.. i was surprised at his reaction too.. but glad that I kinda understood a little bit more about geisha in the present from him.
Speaking about Japan, I've kinda made an announcement that I intend to settle down in Japan.. haha.. that is still my goal.. of course there are other reasons other than Japan has a rich culture bla bla bla.. other reasons will probably include the life in here.. hehe.. but I shan't say too much.. but before i chose to settle down in Japan, or rather whether I can or not, I will need to brush up on my Japanese language, which of course, I will stop dragging, I am going to start my lesson in March.. I have decided!!!
hmm, watched this variety recently and was curious about what the hosts said that made everyone laughed and there is this small symbol to indicate the host as being horny.. haha.. can someone help me??
Tuesday, February 06, 2007 ; 7:23 AM
Comments:
Post a Comment